If you know me then you’ll know I’ll take a shopping spree at Le Creuset before one at any clothing store. I often have to stop myself from buying cooking gadgets because what good would a slow cooker serve me? I live alone and entertain occasionally. It would collect dust but i would love to have one.
My friend surprised me with an early birthday and Christmas present; a pasta maker. I was over the moon and couldn’t wait to start making my own pasta and so i did. I’ve always wanted to learn how to make my own pasta. There’s no greater joy than that of knowing exactly what goes into your food because you made it all from scratch.
My first pasta making attempt went extremely well. I expected for it to flop atleast once but i got near perfection on my first try (notice the humble brag 😉 ) I used an easy pasta recipe courtesy of Jamie Oliver and here it is;
600g All Purpose Flour
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1. Sift the flour using a sieve into a bowl.
2. Break the eggs into the flour.
3. Mix the eggs and flour. Once fully combined remove from bowl onto a clean workspace (kitchen counter)
4. Pour the olive oil onto the dough and knead the dough for 15 mins – Until silky smooth.
5. Cover the dough with cling wrap and allow to rest in the fridge for atleast 30 minutes.
6. Roll and Cut and cook for 10 Mins.
What’s the difference between shop bought dry pasta and fresh home made pasta? The texture is different, its silkier, cooks quicker and feels less dense (not as heavy). I’ll definetely be making my own pasta more often.
The result 🙂
I’ll continue to share recipes as i embark on this new journey.